Thursday 21 November 2013

Second Life: My Second Experience

Unfortunately my Second Life avatar hasn't seen much action recently, so I thought it high time I went back and visited my lonely animated self.

Second Life is very different to Habbo and WoW, it is very sexual and a lot of the conversation revolves around sex. Not all of it, but a lot. The women are often under dressed and the men, tall and muscular.


This woman was being controlled by a chain

There is a pretty misogynistic set up; I even witnessed one scantily clad female chained to a man. Most of the conversations can't even be repeated as the language used was pretty explicit.



What I have learned is that there are definitely people playing Second Life with something else on their mind, I'm just not so sure it is love. There doesn't seem to be as many social boundaries as World of Warcraft and Habbo and users make it pretty obvious they're there for sexual gratification over anything else.

That's not to say that that is all Second Life is for. It depends what setting you're in, and by chance the setting today was filled with pole dancing, nearly naked women, dirty talking and kinky men.

I want to get past this part of Second Life and see if there are other reasons people are here. There are countless places to visit and I am intrigued to see what's in store next.

Meeting people can be a really exciting time- but always remember to keep safe online.

No comments:

Post a Comment