Saturday 7 December 2013

IMVU Love: Marie and Jay Coulbeck

Marie Coulbeck, 46, met her husband, Jay, 43, of four years on the game IMVU. A lonely Marie said she used the MMOG (Massive Multiplayer Online Game) because she lacked in self confidence and enjoyed speaking to different people.

A usually very cautious Marie started chatting to Jay and felt enamoured straight away. She said: "I am usually very cautious, I'm a very good judge of character and I don't trust easily. It was different with Jay, as soon as we started chatting I knew he was my soulmate."

Happily married: Marie and Jay on their wedding day


Marie thought that Jay was the one for her before even seeing a photograph. She said: "We got to know each other through just words."

The couple met after just a month of speaking and were engaged after a week of meeting for the first time. Marie added: "He came to visit me and he never went home!"

Marie had felt pressured to find someone after taunts from her next-door neighbour, who gave her the push to meet Jay in person. She said: "My neighbor, who is 60-odd, said that I would end up like her if I didn't meet someone. That's what made me agree to meet up with him." 

Four years down the line and Marie insists they are very happily married and she no longer feels the need to play the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment