Sunday 10 November 2013

My First Habbo Experience

So, since reading about the Singapore couple meeting on Habbo, I decided to play the game myself and see if Habbo-ers are online looking for love.

I created an avatar, signed up and off I went in to this fantastical hotel filled with endless rooms and characters. I did this sat in the comfort of my pjs. I can kind of see the appeal now.

My avatar and new virtual home- possibly the only time I'll ever own a penthouse.


After already entering the world of Second Life, Habbo is surprisingly different, not only in landscape but with the people using it. They are less keen to chat. I started to even feel a bit socially awkward. Weird, right? The thing to remember here is that although the place is not real, the people behind the avatars, are. By going up and randomly starting a conversation, interrupting another one, you're received with a similar reaction if you were to do that in real life. You have to earn your social cred here and I am not Habbo-savvy enough to get it. Yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment